Bedside Glucose Monitoring Designed for the ICU/CCU
- The OptiScanner is an automated, plasma-based bedside glucose monitoring system intended to assist healthcare providers manage the glucose level of critically ill patients within an optimum target range.
- The system draws a small amount of patient blood (only consuming
0.12 mL per draw) every 15 minutes, converts the blood to plasma in
a micro-centrifuge and then transports the plasma to be read by
mid-range infrared spectrometer
- A proprietary algorithm automatically adjusts for interferences and within a few minutes of the blood draw, a glucose reading is displayed on the front of the OptiScanner.
- Because the OptiScanner provides a glucose reading every 15 minutes, glycemic trends can be displayed prominently, indicating whether patient’s glucose is stable (euglycemia), rising too high (hyperglycemia)
or falling too low (hypoglycemia).
- Healthcare providers can use the OptiScanner to track a patient’s glucose and use trending data to aid in decision making and potentially help patients stay in a healthy glycemic range.
- Certified by .